1. Dried figs are a healthy snack. They are low in fats and cholesterol and high in dietary fiber and minerals.
2. They are low in sodium and have good amounts of potassium. This helps to maintain the blood pressure and reduces water retention. Potassium is also important for active muscles and nerves.
3. Good source of calcium. It helps to build and strengthen the bones, and also reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
4. Good source of magnesium. It helps in relieving fatigue, relaxing the muscles, nerves and blood vessels, thus relieving the symptoms of asthma, migraine headaches, tension and soreness in muscles etc.
5. Good source of copper, which reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, enhances the activity of enzymes that are needed to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, ligaments and joints.
6. Good source of manganese, which is an essential cofactor in many enzymatic reactions in the body, especially in the production of energy and antioxidants defenses.
7. Moderate source of iron, which helps in respiration at the cellular level by synthesizing hemoglobin that helps to carry oxygen to cells.
8. Very good source of soluble dietary fiber. It adds roughage to the contents of the intestines, promotes satiety, promotes the health of the colon, and also helps in relieving constipation, hemorrhoids, diverticular disorders, etc.
9. High dietary fiber creates a sense of fullness in the stomach, thus it also aids weight loss
Στηρίζουμε ελληνικά προιόντα (KALAMATA FIGUES COURINNES)
Θερμίδες: Σύκα ξερά (1 μεγάλο) αντιστοιχεί σε 60 (θερμίδες)
(via dailytips, triedtastedserved, thermides)