Cucumber Strawberry Salad!
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 small green pepper, diced
2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1. Mix the green pepper and lime juice.
2. Combine the strawberries and cucumbers in a serving bowl.
3. Drizzle the peppers and lime juice in the bowl.
4. Toss all ingredients to combine.
5. Chill before serving.
6. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top just before serving.
Total fat: 0.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 3.0 mg
Total carbs: 10.4 g
Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 1.2 g
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Cucumbers
- Cucumber contains Erepsin, the enzyme that helps in protein digestion.
- Being rich in minerals, cucumber helps prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
- Those suffering from diabetes have been found to benefit from the consumption of cucumber/cucumber juice.
- Daily consumption of cucumber juice helps control cases of eczema, arthritis and gout.
- The heaviest concentration of sterols is in the skin,so you shouldn't remove the peel before eating.
- Cucumber soothes the stomach and gives the body a mélange of useful nutrients in addition to water.
- Cucumber also has the ability to help regulate blood pressure.
- contains vitamins C, A, molybdenum, potassium, manganese, magnesium and folate.